COGECO DATA SERVICES/Toronto, ON, Canada
Job Opening ID: CDS13-12
# Required: 1
Business Unit: Marketing & Communications
Location: 413 Horner Ave.
Full/Part Time: F/T
Hours: 35 per week
Salary Band: M6
Salary Range: TBD
Closing Date: April 27, 2012 or Until Filled
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing go to market strategies, demand generation activity, customer experience and sales enablement tools for the Company's various sales channels. The incumbent will possess the technical, industry and discipline knowledge to effectively analyze internal and external data and develop strong, innovative, measurable programs to drive revenue. The successful candidate will be the marketing champion and key facilitator to arm the internal team with leads, competitive intelligence, service positioning and tools.
The Marketing Team
The marketing team is a small high energy team that fosters a challenger mindset, is passionate about raising the bar and strives to push the boundaries through creative breakthrough ideas. We are focused on profitable revenue generation today and at the same time effectively building a competitive and innovative suite of services to elevate the Company's market position in the future.
�?� University Degree or College Diploma in marketing or business or equivalent combination of experience and
�?� 8+ years of work experience in a marketing capacity with a blend of business and technical skills that include
strategy development, quantitative analysis, campaign execution and management and translation of strategy
�?� Ability to monitor, analyze and implement solutions to address communication challenges.
�?� Ability to develop and translate departmental strategies into concrete action plans.
�?� Ability to focus on new business opportunities and innovation which bring shareholder value.
�?� Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
�?� Detail oriented, possessing strong analytical skills and the ability to work self-managed or collaboratively as part
of a team.
�?� Critical thinker with proven problem solving ability.
�?� Experience with developing, designing, implementing and measuring the success of marketing campaigns.
�?� Experience utilizing multi-media and social marketing/media tools and platforms to drive leads.
�?� Experience using database management and analytics.
�?� Able to excel in a changing environment, lead and manage several projects simultaneously with strong time
management and prioritization skills.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES CONT'D:
�?� Ability to establish positive and productive working relationships with others in pursuit of common company
�?� Strong analytical, problem solving, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills within a culturally diverse multilocation work environment.
�?� Experience in effectively coordinating and planning multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously
and efficiently while working with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
�?� Detail oriented, accurate and thorough with highly organized and exceptional administration skills.
�?� Proven planning skills with the ability to �??think outside the box�? and see the �??big picture�? impact of
�?� Exercises judgment and uses discretion with highly confidential materials.
�?� Team player with solid interpersonal skills combined with a winning customer service attitude.
�?� Strong project management skills.
1. Increase the volume and profitability of sales by helping to position the value, easing process and providing
marketing support to account teams.
2. Planning, development, implementation and success measurement of innovative results driven integrated
campaigns and demand generation programs.
3. Development and execution of integrated vertical marketing strategies from pitch development to campaign and
sales tools and support for specific verticals.
4. Development of service positioning, market support materials and sales enablement tools.
5. Conduct, analyze and provide recommendations based on competitive and industry market research.
6. Identify and make recommendations on customer touch point opportunities.
7. Manage leads including list acquisition, social media mining, cleansing and evaluation processes. Develop
processes to generate leads for the CRM to support all marketing efforts to prospects and existing customers.
8. Ensure quality control in the execution of campaigns.
9. Develop and manage responses to marketing elements of RFPs and RFIs.
10. Development and rollout of customer retention strategy to drive customer retention and average
11. Develop approach and manage customer related sponsorships.
12. Responsible for developing and managing internal and external referral programs, partner programs and
13. Provide sales support and enablement tools for existing and new product introductions, including account
presentations, binders, sales materials.
14. Work cooperatively with various departments including Sales and Operations.
15. Manage external agencies.
16. Responsible for managing marketing budget and ensuring channel partner program dollars are leveraged.
17. Support new account activation program to welcome and activate brand new accounts within their first twelve
(12) months of their relationship.
18. Ensure the online data capture strategy is optimized.
19. Ongoing reporting and tracking via automation tool with insight development.
20. Assist in ad-hoc Marketing campaigns, initiatives or projects as required.
21. Continuous research and development of market trends and comparison technologies that my help create a
better user experience.
22. Manage the development of projects ensuring timelines and budgets are met.
�?� We appreciate receipt of all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be
Apply To Job