Akamai Technologies/Cambridge, MA (MA)
Senior Product Marketing Manager �?? Media
Posted Date: 2/16/2012
Cost Center: 536
About the Job
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, Sr. Product Marketing Manager to help define and execute the go-to-market strategy for Akamai's media products. This person will be a voice for Akamai's broadcast video and software distribution services to internal and external audiences including customers, sales, industry and financial analysts and media. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical saavy and the drive to help make Akmai's product goals a reality.
About the Team
The role will work closely with product management, business development, marketing, and sales to ensure the proper market offerings and messaging for the products. This position will work as part of an experienced global team of product marketers repsonsible for all Akamai products and will gain visibility to products within and outside of the media portfolio.
- Develop and execute Product Marketing go-to-market in line with media business plan.
*Create whitepapers, sales communications, presentations, competitive tools and training for Sales.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Management to understand the needs of the marketplace; help to formulate future Product Marketing strategies and tactics.
- Cross-functional collaboration with Global Sales, Channel, Product Management, Marketing Communications, Engineering & Marketing Programs.
- Attend relevant industry trade-shows, sponsorship and customer meetings.
- Support partner relationships for the associated products.
- 10-20% travel is required.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience: 7+ years of professional experience.
- 4+ years of Product Marketing or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with internet-related technologies or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of rich media, including media technologies for the creation, management, delivery, and reporting of media on the Internet.
*Knowledge of the M&E industry, and the ecosystem of companies for broadcasting media on the Internet.
*Knowledge of the technology and the ecosystem of companies for distributing software to connected devices.
*A proven history of growing revenue thru Product Marketing for both new and mature product lines.
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a broad range of technical and business audiences.
- Situational fluency and perserverance to handle challenging business situations.
- MBA preferred.
- Is relocation available for this position: No
- Is US Citizenship required: No
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you're helping some of the world's best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that's extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai �?? leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Apply To Job